Extravagant Worship

Worship is extravagant. When we speak of worship, beyond our Christian conversations, we easily equate the action to deep emotion and value. “I worship the ground she walks on,” we say, and we know that we are sharing how deeply we feel toward that person we love. To say such a thing is an expression of profound love, appreciation and desire. It is the nature […]

Good Reasoning and Getting Along

Earlier today, I commented on a Facebook post regarding a Christian perspective on environmental concerns. It was a link to a blog post on the Nature Conservancy site and was a wonderful challenge to Christians to take responsibility for the stewardship of the earth. In my comment, I affirmed the quality of the piece and the Nature Conservancy’s willingness to post it. I added my […]

Keep it Simple

I’ve been reading (and rereading) Radical, by David Platt. It is a challenging look at how we blend American culture and philosophies with the Gospel message. More that simply understanding the message of the Bible through our cultural background, Platt argues we are reworking the true message of the biblical witness to fit our personal agendas and preconceptions. As I reviewed the chapter on we […]